The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Freedom of Religion

Here is something encouraging.

The Manchester Guardian has noted persecution of Christians, and others, in Iran.  Encouraging that the Guardian notices.

I suspect this is another reason for us to maintain our own standards on this issue, a sort of light to the nations.  On the other hand, I am not too open to complaints from the Near and Middle East about Muslims being mistreated in the US.  I think, comparatively, they do very well here.  On the other other hand, that is not an excuse for us to not be working hard on the issue of religious freedom for ourselves.  With some politicians playing 52 card pickup with the First Amendment these days it is good to point out all its important parts.

Hat tip to Ann Althouse.

Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

Craig H said...

I've always had a hard time with folks who take the mistreatment of Christians or whomever in Iran or elsewhere to mean that this might somehow justify our mistreatment of Muslims or whomever here.

I find myself resolved, the more I hear of bigotry and persecution abroad, to redouble my efforts to ensure that no one endures such here. THAT is our greatest strength, and here's hoping we keep it.

C R Krieger said...

Exactly.