The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I got an EMail from my Brother Lance yesterday in which he asked me, amongst other things, "Where is the Christmas blog?" At least he checks in on the blog once in a while.

I EMailed back that I had done a Christmas Eve post, but, in truth, that is not a Christmas post. So, here is my Christmas post.

It goes back to yesterday and playing poke. As I mentioned, Bob D, who left the firm for new challenges, was on vacation and came in with his wife, Lori, who still works with us. At one point in the game it was down to Bob and Lori, the rest of us having folded. I mentioned a story about a couple a Bitburg AB, back in about 1968 or so, who had been in a group of married couples, playing Risk. One spouse made an alliance with his wife so she would not attack him and then when his turn came he wiped her out. This resulted in a very strained relationship for a while--and probably something that still comes up from time to time, assuming they are still married.

This AM, up before my wife, who played for three long Masses yesterday, I went to check the five comics I read on line. The first is always User Friendly, about some folks in a high tech company. This cartoon, pointing to the association of peace and Christmas, caused me to laught out loud.



   
It is interesting how much the Authorized Version (King James Bible) influences our speech and thinking.

Luke 2:14

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Peace -- Cliff

No comments: