The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Disgraceful to the End


TRIGGER WARNING:  In which I render an opinion on one of the Democratic Party Leaders, Senator Harry Reid.
For John, BLUFSenator Harry Reid doesn't know how to shut up and step out of the limelight.  Nothing to see here; just move along.




Reporters Sam Stein and Ryan Grim of The Huffington Post take advantage of an interview with former Senate Majority Leader and admitted fabulist Harry Reid to talk about Mr Romney and the supposed treatment of him by Mr Trump with regard to the Secretary of State position.

Here is Senior Reid on Mr Romney:

“This is a man who came out big-time against Trump. Oh, the things he said about Trump.  Well, that’s great, that’s wonderful,” Reid said.  “Either he wasn’t telling the truth, or he’s a person with no character.  After having said that, to go and do homage to this guy he said awful things about, I don’t think that shows much character.”

“Mitt Romney is somebody I had respect for,” Reid said, in a somewhat dubious assertion.  “I have none anymore.”

And here is Mr Romney on Senator Reid.
“I was indeed very critical of Mr. Trump during his campaign.  But now he has been elected president and accordingly, if I could have helped shape foreign policy to protect the country I love, I would have been more than willing to do so,” Romney said through a spokesperson.  “As for Mr. Reid, I lost respect for him when he repeatedly lied about my taxes and later admitted to it cheerily.  Good riddance, Mr. Reid.  The Senate will be better served without you in it.”
Not that I had a lot of respect for Harry Reid the person before this, but I think Mr Romney put him in his place.  And, Mr Romney showed himself to be a selfless patriot, as opposed to Senator Reid.

Mr Reid just seems like he is a bitter old man.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: