The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

The President In Charge


For John, BLUFActually, I had not previously known this "well-known" passage.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



Mr Ed Driscoll, writing at the InstaPundit says the following as his conclusion to his comments on the Niall Ferguson article, discussed yesterday in this blog:
That’s not much a head-scratcher, considering this well-known passage from Jodi Kantor’s 2012 book, The Obamas:
Obama had always had a high estimation of his ability to cast and run his operation.  When David Plouffe, his campaign manager, first interviewed for a job with him in 2006, the senator gave him a warning:  “I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,” he said.  “It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.”  Obama said nearly the same thing to Patrick Gaspard, whom he hired to be the campaign’s political director.  “I think I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Obama told him.  “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors.  And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”
Presumably, Obama believes such boundless omniscience extends to foreign policy as well.

(And being too insular not to give a damndarn about the hash you’re making of the world helps, also.)

President Obama should have been a Fighter Pilot.

Hat tip to the InstaPundit.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: