The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Miss Me Yet?

I admit to the fact that when some obscure fact flies in the face of received wisdom it makes me smile.  It is like when a scientific theory turns out to not explain ALL the data.  This means that there is more to learn, more to explore.  So, in that vein, from The Anchoress, I got this link to a story in the Dallas News
“No American president has done more for Africa,” said Festus Mogae, who served as president of Botswana from 1998 to 2008.  “It’s not only me saying that.  All of my colleagues agree.”
I know.  He was a terrible President, or so I have been told.  And yet, he is a hero somewhere.

Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

Craig H said...

Hosni Mubarak might say more of the same... And I know Manuel Noriega would have said similar for a time.

It's always important to know who is speaking, and on what grounds, when it comes to a large and complex social entity. (And Africa is one of the larger and more fragmented of such as we have on this planet). Again, yes, absolutely grounds upon which to learn more. But not necessarily flying in the face of received wisdom as it applies to potential geopolitical chicanery.

Renee said...

There was a recent article from the UK that Bush wasn't giving African enough birth control.

Oh well....

You can make a football out of a condom....

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dJkN2lMMFQo