The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Not A Great Song?

Over at the Blog Line of Departure we have an appeal against the Lee Greenwood song "God Bless the USA".

And a lot more social commentary.

This apparently started when Stall Brook Elementary School, in Bellingham, Massachusetts, decided to use "God Bless the U.S.A.", but removed the word "God", plus "Bless", replacing it with "We Love".

I know the reference to God is dangerous.  I remember, in Fourth Grade, learning all the verses to "Battle Hymn of the Republic", and its message has remained with me ever since.
In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.
Dangerous.

We need to hear from Kad Barma for the local music critic's view.  Awaiting that verdict of Kad Barma, I am with Carl I'm this.

Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

Craig H said...

They ought to be teaching music in school, not whatever this is.

Renee said...

The song hurts when it is sung by children.