The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

John Carter on Mars

Over at Samizdata is a review of the movie John Carter.  The movie is based on the Edger Rice Burroughs' 11-volume series of Sci-Fi novels about life on a fictionalized Mars, called Barsoom.  The novels were published between 1912 and 1943.

My oldest son and I had talked about rounding up his younger brother and going to the movie the next time I was in Virginia.  However, the handwriting was on the wall about the longevity of the movie in theaters.  So, on Friday last my oldest son and I both went to the "six o'clock" showing.  And we both made it our source of dinner.  I had a hot dog, popcorn and yellow lemonade.  He had two hot dogs, popcorn and a Diet Pepsi.  (He gets a second hot dog because he is about four inches taller than I am.)  Our actions were uncoordinated.

We both enjoyed ourselves.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: