The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

US Fights Discrimination Abroad

I caught the news yesterday that the Administration is going to take action against nations that discriminate against homosexuals.  Says Secretary of State Hillary Clinton:
Gay rights are human rights, and human rights are gay rights.  It should never be a crime to be gay.
That statement has the twin advantages of being straight forward and true.  That said, I was skeptical.  We aren't actually going to do much, are we?  For example, we are not going to take on Russia over it's abuse of gays.  Will we cut military aid to Egypt, Afghanistan and Pakistan.  I am doubtful.  I think Rep Michele Bachmann pretty well explained that to Rep Ron Paul a few nights ago.

But, I thought it was a positive gesture and the right thing to do, until this AM, when I found this little snippet.  I guess it is OK to throw oppressed religious minorities under the bus.  Or maybe it is just Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL).  He is, after all, the Senate Majority Whip, the number two Democrafts in the US Senate, not counting the Veep.  Senator Durbin apparently is the one with a hold on the bill extending the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF).

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: