The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Redistricting Rumors

Based upon what I observed this evening at the Annual Immaculate Conception Parish Golf Outing, I am wonder if the outline of the redistricting of the General Court is beginning to emerge.  In particular, I am wonder if the General Court is going to correct that terrible rending of Chelmsford from ten years ago, the one that, while it drove Republican Carol Cleven from office, also drove Speaker Tom Finneran from politics.

What I observed was State Rep Tom Golden at a basically "Belvidere" event meeting and greeting people like there was no tomorrow, or rather, like there was a tomorrow, come November of next year.  I know the cover story was that he was only there to be the auctioneer for the evening, but then his Mother was there also (we sat at the same table as the honorable Mrs Golden).

This item from the Chelmsford Patch suggests that Chelmsford will go from four Reps to three or maybe two.  One option would be to close off Rep Golden's Chelmsford Precincts and then extend his district south and east into Belevidere, thus pushing Rep Dave Nangle's district to the South and West.

That is my rumor and I am sticking to it.

And, Rep Golden did an excellent job as auctioneer and a good time was had by all.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: