The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Gov Palin for the Fed?

I realize that the thought of former Governor Sarah Palin as President of these United States makes some people physically ill.  So, what about this idea from yesterday's New York SunPut her on the Federal Reserve Board.  The idea is that she seems to have more insight into the economy than Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke at least with regard to quantitative easing.

Regards  —  Cliff

Hat tip to the Instapundit.

3 comments:

Craig H said...

C'mon, let's be serious, just for a moment: For one, Ron Paul is the right person for that job, and advancing any other candidate detracts from that best outcome. For two, any reasonable person must have extreme reservations with any candidate lacking any semblance of banking and/or monetary policy experience, regardless of their politics, even if only for them to make cogent rebuttals to those in favor of Bernanke and the corrupt status quo. For three, I thought you promised to try to hold back from this stuff.

Blind squirrels do not make good candidates for nut-finding missions just because they trip over one every once in awhile.

C R Krieger said...

I know, I know, I know!

Your last line was the one I used in my EMail forwarding this link to my wife, except I used it with reference to Chairman B-squared and the board, asking why they were having no success.

I like the Ron Paul idea.

I do have a sort of Populist distrust of the Fed, enhanced by their being their own branch of Government, basically unaccountable to and independent of the Executive and the Legislative Branches.

Regards  &mash;  Cliff

Anonymous said...

Ron Paul?? No way!! Now...if you had said Paul Ryan, you might have been onto something.

B2 is only where he is to watch the eggs for folks like Mrs. Geithner's little boy Timmie. The Fed and the SEC and TBTF folks like GS are engaged in the most egregious...and obvious...case of incest the world has ever seen or been witness to.