The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Change in the Air

The New Englander posted on this, but since I was mentioned in the article I thought I would also blog on it.  Reporter Jenn Myers wrote about a meeting of citizens to talk about how we elect folks in City Elections.
A dozen of the city's most well-known political and neighborhood activists gathered at the Old Court and the brainstorming began: How can the city provide more equitable representation to all 105,000 residents while increasing voter participation?
Read the article before it goes away.

One person wrote to tell me that my idea is bad because "A few groups organized could completely dominate the election."  I tend to think it will settle out and not allow someone to round up a few voters to win a seat.  This person does favor the plan we voted on last year, which had been put forward by Dr Victoria Fahlberg.

This is the time to bring forward ideas.  Jack Mitchell and Victoria Fahlberg would like to hear from you.  If you need a venue, comment here or send me an EMail, which I will forward for you.  (crk at theworld dot com)

Regards  —  Cliff

  When I copy out a paragraph from the article on line I get a slightly different URL when I paste into the blog.  The URL can be found here.  I wonder if it is any more permanent?  I linked to it so I could test out that theory.

1 comment:

Jack Mitchell said...

Thanks for stimulating the conversation, Cliff.

Blogs are a good place to expand the discussion. When the next Rules S/C meeting is scheduled, I'll do my best to spread the word. This discussion is open to all with the best for Lowell in mind, imo.

The destination of forward is not preordained.