The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Pat McCarthy, RIP

At today's Funeral Mass for Pat McCarthy, who passed away this week, his nephew, T J McCarthy, did the eulogy.

The part that really caught my attention was when TJ said that Pat was a vegetarian, but that he didn't think chicken was meat.

I fully appreciate this view that Pat held.  Back when all Fridays were meatless unless you were Spanish or in the military or Protestant or Jewish, I always had a hard time with the concept that chicken was meat and not some other food category.  Even today, on a Day of Abstinence, I have to think it through, because that idea that fowl is not meat has stuck with me through all those decades.

Farewell Pat and we hope to see you on the other side.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: