The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Expectations in Life

I was over at Happy Catholic, checking on the weekend joke, when I came across this blog post, which I have quoted in full.
We turn to Flannery O'Connor this week for our quotes. I forgot to bring Habit of Being to work so picked this up from a quotes page because I think it is something that I actually marked in that book to share. And even if not ... it's good no matter where it came from.
To expect too much is to have a sentimental view of life and this is a softness that ends in bitterness.
Flannery O'Connor
I think there is a lot of wisdom in that 21 word sentence. 

Regards  —  Cliff

  On Staff Course I was told that for mere mortals 20 words was the max length for a sentence.  The view within the Directing Staff was that you had to write like a Winston Churchill to be able to manage sentences longer than 20 words.

No comments: