The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Lego No

I was down visiting Grandchildren this past weekend and decided, based upon some work on the living room floor, that the Lego Duplo block sets come with too many of the 2 x 2 blocks and too few of the 2 x 4 blocks (the one double the size of the square 2 x 2 blocks).  So, I went to the Lego Store in Burlington Mall, to buy some Duplo blocks from the bins in the back of the store, where each bin has a specific type of block, by color.  No joy.  Those were just the regular Legos.

So, I went on line and found what I thought would be perfect.  That is, until I read the "fine print".
Sorry, item is not available in this country:  United States.


Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

And, I wonder if the restriction is at the Danish end or here in the US?  And what purpose does the restriction serve, unless it is to force us to purchase specific sets, at extra cost?  Am I slipping into cynicism?

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: