The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, January 11, 2010

New Eating Place

On 3 December a new restaurant opened down on Pawtucket St.  This is the "River Walk Cafe", in the venue formerly occupied by Gary's Ice Cream and before that Burbecks.  I just got around to visiting them today.  I purchased two large soups to go, on the way from class to home.  I had lunch with my wife and then was off to work.

There is an indoor area with a number of small tables.  There is Free WiFi.  Let's hear it for Free WiFi.

Today the place was not very busy, although by the time I got there two of the advertised five soups had sold out.  I bought Chicken Noodle Tortellini.

Plenty of parking.

But, who knows how crowded it will be after those of us doing the Continuing Ed Winter Term go away and the regular students come back.  I bet they are hoping it will be real crowded.

Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

The New Englander said...

Thanks for the heads-up...Also, noticed today that Second Wind Cafe nee Cafe Aiello had appeared to have gone belly up. A great place, also with free Wi-Fi, but I think that compared with Brew'd Awakening, it suffered from being a bit further out from a lot of the downtown population.

jotrud said...

Hey Cliff, that soup that you mentioned will be coming to an Outback near you soon. We actually got to try it out last night, (myself personally wasn't taken by it but the others who really like that kind of soup did like it).