The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Should Heads Roll?

That Canadian living in Vermont, commentator Mark Steyn, has some thoughts on the ongoing kerfuffle over the leaked EMails and Data from the CRU in East Anglia, UK.  Here are his words from National Review.

He quotes an Opinion piece in The Manchester Guardian:
I believe that the head of the unit, Phil Jones, should now resign.
That seems pretty straight forward.  And, mind you, The Guardian makes The Boston Globe look like part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

I am one of those climate knowledge skeptics.  I am not sure who to believe, but I don't believe we are yet at the point where we need to grab our parachute and jump into the great unknown.

I think this release of EMails, etc, is just going to harden positions.  I doubt we will be any smarter in December than we are now, but politics may allow us to kick the can down the road a bit.  Regarding the attempt about a dozen years ago, at Kyoto, it doesn't look to me like we are ever going to get Senate ratification, although Cap and Trade is out there now, awaiting Senate approval.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: