The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Saluting by Civilians

This being The Lowell Sun and this being a short letter, I take the liberty to post it in full.
A salute is always welcome

The Lowell Sun
Updated: 11/30/2009 07:11:32 AM EST

In answer to Allan P. Small's letter regarding military salutes:  I have lived through the last five great wars, worn our country's uniform for 26 years, and am a past commander of Lowell Post 87, the American Legion, and served on active duty in the Korean conflict and the Vietnam conflict.  I agree, technically, one should be in uniform to salute our servicemen.  But with that, any time, anybody, "rendering honors" to my comrade brothers and sisters, do so with my personal thanks, as should you also thank them.

W.C. "BILL" RAWNSLEY

Lowell
Well said, Bill Rawnsley!

And having spent a few years working just a few desks and filing cabinets away from Bill Rawnsley, I attest that he is the real deal.

Regards  —  Cliff

PS:  I believe Mimi at Left in Lowell also addressed this issue.

No comments: