The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

He Sold His Boat For Me

This is a short, but great column, buried somewhere in today's Boston Globe.  I read it because Glenn Reynolds linked to it.

The thesis is that you can tell a story in six words--attributed to Earnest Hemingway.  The author of the article, Beverly Beckham, talks about little acts of love and how they are wonderful and how they can be forgotten and how those six words need to be captured and retained.

I don't know if I can do it in six words, buy my wife was listening to the radio (AFN) and heard about a Morgan +4 for sale at another base in Germany and told me.  We drove down and bought it from two school teachers, for $1,700.  That was a lot of money in those days. We kept that car for about nine years (five assignments), and then sold it when our Station Wagon went down for two months when we were living in Naples, Italy.  A two-seater isn't sufficient for a family with three kids--even for bringing the food home from the commissary.

She told me about the Morgan.  I sold it for family space.

Regards  --  Cliff

1 comment:

Craig H said...

I drive a two-seat convertible

;-)