The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Losses

Thanks to my wife, I saw a small blurb in The Boston Globe on Nat Hentoff being laid off. If it had been up to me to find this little item it wouldn't have happened, but she is a more thorough reading of the newspaper.

I should have been looking--I had read where the Village Voice was downsizing. But, I didn't think about the implications.

Mr Hentoff's pen has been a powerful one for the First Amendment and to have his normal forum lost will be a loss for all of us who are strong advocates for free speech. Scratch that last part. It would be a loss for all of us.

I am hoping that some syndication organization will pick him up and keep his voice before us. He has appeared from time to time in The (Lowell) Sun. I would like to see that continue.

Or, maybe Matt Drudge could offer him a part time job. His Drudge Report has been linking to Mr Hentoff's column for some time. I am all for part time work for those who have moved into their "Golden Years." That is part of how they stay golden.

Regards -- Cliff

No comments: