The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

LeLacheur Park Letter

I thought that Steve Gendron's letter to The Sun today on LeLacheur Park and on Drew Weber and the Spinners was a good one. He laid out a lot of information in a coherent way and made it all fit together.

That said (there is always a quibble, isn't there), I think it is important to understand that when an solicitation has been published it needs to be executed as written (that is, the bids should be judged based upon the solicitation) or it should be cancelled and reissued. I think we dodged a bullet with Mr Art Solomon withdrawing his bid.  (Tony, from the Dick Howe blog site blogged on the bid withdrawal yesterday.)

That said, understanding the dynamics of the various relationships involved in baseball in Lowell should help us make good decisions about the future of that game in our City.

Regards -- Cliff

PS:  I admit to being a "blow in," but naming buildings after folks who are still alive brings to mind the comment of retired General George Brown when "The Brown Building" at Hanscom AFB was dedicated to him. "I didn't realize I had died."

No comments: