The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Helen Thomas

I had thought that Helen Thomas, the doyenne of the White House Press Corps, had given up her coveted seat at the daily press briefings, but apparently not. On Thursday, emerging from the White House grounds, looking for a cab, she blew a kiss to my buddy, Juan.

Juan was in DC for a medical appointment and was passing by the White House. I am thinking he was heading up 17th Street. At any rate, Helen Thomas, with someone holding an umbrella over her, emerged and was trying to flag down a cab. One was trying to get to her, but was blocked by traffic. My buddy Juan stopped and let the cab cross over to the curb, blocking traffic in so doing. Helen Thomas noted the action and blew him a kiss.

Now I have been concerned for a long time that Ms Thomas suffers from BDS, but I think this shows that she is still a sharp observer of the events around her.

And it was a very nice gesture on her part.

Regards -- Cliff

No comments: