The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Closing the Loop

I realize that I am a blogger and not a journalist. Even so, I do like to check my facts and to give other points of view a shot.

So, I have started reaching out to others. This is a quick recap of my results since starting this blog.

Matt Murphy of The Lowell Sun is my big hero. He got right back to me and was quotable.

The Lowell office of Rep Nicki Tsongas? Not so much. They are a week overdue.

The Boston Globe? Zero for two. But, in truth, that is two folks recently. In the past I have found folks like Alex Beam and Derrick Jackson and Joan Vennochi quite good. And also Ellen Goodman. I think that Monday columnist James Carroll is either a Luddite, working too hard at trying to live the simplified life, or hiding. He has no EMail address at the end of his column. And, he doesn't respond to letters.

On balance, I have to say that others, in the past, at The Sun have been very good at getting back to me. This is a competition that The Sun wins.

Mass Government? Excellent on initial response, but still a couple of days out with a follow-up.

Regards -- Cliff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cliff:

I totally agree; the REPORTERS at the Sun answer questions quickly and completely. And I have had the same experience as you when it comes to many elected officials.