The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Passing of Avery Cardinal Dulles

I ventured over to the blog of the local Ordinary, Seán Cardinal O'Malley, OFM Cap, to see what pictures he posted from his visit to the Immaculate Conception Parish this last Saturday. But, I found that the top post was on the passing of Avery Cardinal Dulles.

I don't know the Cardinal and have read only one of his books and a couple of articles, but I appreciated him from what little I sampled. I thought this quote from Cardinal O'Malley's blog shows that Cardinal Dulles understood the Lord and set a good example for the rest of us:
Suffering and diminishment are not the greatest of evils, but are normal ingredients in life, especially in old age. They are to be accepted as elements of a full human existence,” he said. “As I become increasingly paralyzed and unable to speak, I can identify with the many paralytics and mute persons in the Gospels, grateful for the loving and skillful care I receive and for the hope of everlasting life in Christ. If the Lord now calls me to a period of weakness, I know well that his power can be made perfect in infirmity. Blessed be the name of the Lord!
May he rest in peace.

Regards -- Cliff

No comments: