The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Father Greeley

While I should be packing for my trip or working on my short paper for class, I have been surfing the blog sites. Along the way I came across this site, recommended by the blog site Happy Catholic.

It is about Father Andrew Greeley, who is a sociologist and author in addition to being a Catholic Priest. As this news report out of Chicago states: "Father Andrew Greeley fell and hit his head while exiting a cab over the weekend. Right now he is in critical but stable condition."

The first blog site linked to, "Aliens in this world," mentions that Father Greeley's jacket was caught in the door as the cab drove off.

And, the blogger at "Aliens in this world" asks us to pray for Father Greeley: "Please pray for him. You may disagree with his ideas, but on the whole he has tried hard to evangelize for the Church, in every genre he possibly could." I have read some of what Father Greeley has written, but of the non-fiction genre. Interestingly, in the blogger's second ever post, back in August 2002, he or she mentions Father Greeley, before going off to talk about little known science fiction writers.

We should pray for people, and not just to feel good ourselves. IMHO miracles do happen.

Regards -- Cliff

PS I was told about the "Happy Catholic" blog site by my youngest son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliff-
Thanks for the reminder about Fr. Andrew Greeley and his awful accident. I'm a longtime fan of his writings - particularly his fiction and characters like Bishop Blackie and the denizens of the Irish-American clans in Chicago. He needs our prayers.

Anonymous said...

ps
Fr. Greeley has a blog site. You can get updates and leave comments at:
http://www.andysword.com/

I found a comment noting that Fr. Greeley was wearing his Obama hat when getting out of the cab that caused his accident. Ok, I admit I like AG for more than his fiction!